Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Long Day

THIS IS A COPY OF AN EMAIL I SENT TO SOME FRIENDS FOR THANKSGIVING. I WANTED TO POST IT SO I REMEMBER THAT DAY WHEN I TURN THIS BLOG INTO A BOOK !

What a long 24 hours I have had! First of all I woke up at 5am to take a 7am flight, I spent the whole day in Tampa for work. I got home at 11pm at night and there were friends of there family that are visiting from Italy waiting to see me so I could not go to bed until about 12:3o am.

A couple of hours later Oli climbs into bed with us and a while after that she starts coughing, making strange noises and proceeds to throw up. So off I go, wash Oli up, change her and myself (how come Anthony did not get thrown up on?) and while she dozes off on the little couch in our room we change all the sheets. Finally we are ready to sleep. We all head to bed and get about 3 minutes of rest until. . . .

she throws up again. Yes, that's what I said, let me repeat it just in case any of you missed it, she threw up again. And this time it was more, no one was saved. I wound up having to give her a bath at 3:45am, dry her hair, change her and us and replacing the sheets one more time.. . . . what a night.

This morning, the truth came out, Anthony admitted to giving her all kinds of junk yesterday afternoon and into the evening. And that, my friends is what happens when you go out of town. . . LOL

I wish you all the best Thanksgiving and remember. . . . even in the worst moments how fortunate we are to have these little blessing throwing up all over us.

Love,

Zita and family

No comments: